Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Bronzey Smokey Eye: Steps & Details

Hey MakeupL0verr's, here is a step by step list on how to get this bronzey smokey eye! Hope you find this helpful :)



  1. I like to prime my lids using Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I like to apply this only on my eyelid, I prefer concealer along my eyebrow to better highlight that area for a more dramatic effect! Mac Studio Finish in NC 20 is my favorite concealer.  Once I'm prepped I always put my Shadow Shields on, they help you create such a professional look without having to be one! lol
  2. Apply Nectar e/s by Smashbox (Master Class Palette 1) all along the crease with a tapered blending brush. Make sure to swipe the color back and forth past your shadow shield, this will help your e/s look perfectly blended! (This is the transition color that will help pull your other shadows together seamlessly) 
  3. Using a Mac 217 blending brush I start applying Blackout by Smashbox in the outer corner and blend, blend, blend until it is to my liking. Sidebar, this is pretty much where the Shadow Shields do half of the work for you! You can drag the Blackout in as far as you'd like, and also down under your lower lash line for a really smokey look.  Then on the inner half of your eyelid, as well as the lower first half of your lash line, apply your bronzey e/s. Here I used a baked e/s by Lorac that for some reason has no name on it :/ I spray Mac Fix Plus on the e/s going on the inner part of my eye just to make sure it pops a little more & also reduces fallout when the e/s is sort of wet. 
  4. I lined my eyelids, as well as the water line, using Inglot gel eyeliner #77. This eyeliner is amazing and dries quick on your water line! I love it better than pencils. For my lashes I used Red Cherry Lashes #117 and #747L. You can sit the #117 on top of the #747L and then add your Duo lash glue and apply them together at once for a very dramatic look! 
  5. Just in case your eye shadows aren't blended enough, take your Nectar e/s and go over the crease again just to perfect the look. :) 
Here are some links to the products I mentioned above! 


No comments:

Post a Comment